www.myartspace.com, the premier online venue for contemporary art has launched an exciting new, juried competition to its community members. The top-3 winners of the competition will have their work represented at Bridge Art Fair Miami Beach, taking place concurrent with the spectacular Art Basel Miami Beach, December 4-7, 2008.
The deadline for registration and submission is November 15, 2008.In order to enter the competition, artists must be a member of myartspace.com. Membership is free, and members can upload an unlimited amount of fine art, audio, video and audio narration and create a highly contemporary art viewing experience. Registration for the Myartspace/Bridge Art Fair Miami 2008 competition is $50, but will be reduced by 50% to $25 before October 31, 2008. The winners will be announced on November 25, 2008.
Catherine McCormack-Skiba, the founder of myartspace noted, "We are thrilled to be presenting some of the top artists from myartspace.com at Bridge Art Fair during Art Basel Miami Beach, one of the most prestigious gatherings of the international contemporary art world. With our treasure of hot contemporary artists, we feel its imperative that they be well represented during Art Basel Miami. This juried competition brings out the best in our artists and will be a great representation of our large and growing community. "
Michael Workman, Founder and Director of the Bridge Art Fair said, "We are pleased to host the winners of this competition, presented by myartspace, one of the most innovative new approaches to presenting emerging contemporary art online. Bridge Art Fair and myartspace.com share an interest in new models and non-traditional venues for presenting a transnational representation of emerging contemporary art, so this competition is a great fit for Bridge Art Fair Miami."
- Deadline for registration and submission is November 15, 2008.
- Competition is open to myartspace members. Membership is free.
- Registration fee is $50, but for early registration by October 15, 2008 the fee is $25.
- Prestigious jury panel to be announced by September 10th to review and judge submissions.
- Fifty finalists will be selected and announced by the jury panel.
- Three winners will have their art represented at Art Basel Miami / Bridge Miami Beach.
- Winners to be announced on November 25, 2008.
myartspace is an online community for the contemporary art world. Membership is free. For more details about the Miami Basel 2008 competition click on the following link: www.myartspace.com/miamibasel.