Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Myartspace Interviews: Kathie Olivas, Travis Louie, Sas Christian

A look at past interviews that have been featured on www.myartspace.com.

Interview with Kathie Olivas:
“I started exhibiting over a dozen years ago and wasn't really familiar with the term "lowbrow." I was just showing in contemporary galleries. I met my husband in 2000 and he introduced me to Juxtapoz Magazine and started encouraging me to start showing on the West Coast. My work just sort of fit, but I've always thought of Lowbrow as being a very West Coast movement so I guess I still feel a bit like an outsider.” -- Kathie Olivas
READ MORE
Interview with Travis Louie:
“My work is created in several stages, . . . the first being the idea and or inspiration which can come at any time at any place. When I'm purposefully trying to come up with something, I make many little thumbnail drawings and write little character descriptions or complete little short stories to accompany the concept of a piece before I even get to the painting,”-- Travis Louie
READ MORE
Interview with Sas Christian:
“When I was about 8 a Japanese friend of mine at school had shown me some dolls she had - they were hand-painted and had these vibrant large "manga" eyes. I was fascinated with them and it stuck.”-- Sas Christian
READ MORE
Take care, Stay true,

Brian Sherwin
Senior Editor

No comments: